The Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus (TGMC) is a nonprofit performing arts organization that seeks to offer quality men’s choral music that is both entertaining and thought-provoking. We recognize the power of music to communicate important truths about common human conditions and the value of all people.
TGMC is committed to fostering an environment of professionalism, respect, pride and unity. Members are welcome regardless of orientation.
The Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus provides a venue for gay and gay-affirming individuals to develop their interests and display their musical talents in a professional manner. The goals are to strengthen the spirit and open presence of the gay community and to offer the public-at-large a positive image of this community.
Brothers singing • Declaring pride • Touching lives
- Based in Raleigh, North Carolina, part of the Triangle region which includes the cities of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill
- Artistic Director: Michael J. Kroeplin
- Accompanist: Jeff Whicker
- Chair of the TGMC Board of Directors: Dave Conroy [email protected]
- President of the Chorus: Kenneth Dayton [email protected]
- Rehearsals: Thursdays 7:30 to 9:45 at Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, 1801 Hillsborough, St, Raleigh, NC 27605
- Performs a full range of types and styles of men’s choral music, including classical, popular, a cappella, jazz, blues, gospel, and music from theatre and film
- Our sound quality has been described as “full and beautifully balanced,” “a multi-goosebump experience,” and “one body of sound - crisp, clean, and perfectly lovely.”
- Performs 2 to 3 regular concerts per season with occasional pop-up appearances scheduled in between
- Performs at special events in the Triangle area and elsewhere. Request the Chorus or an ensemble to sing at your upcoming event.
- Non-profit status: 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law