The Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus (TGMC) is a nonprofit performing arts organization that seeks to offer quality men’s choral music that is both entertaining and thought-provoking. We recognize the power of music to communicate important truths about common human conditions and the value of all people.
TGMC is committed to fostering an environment of professionalism, respect, pride and unity. Members are welcome regardless of orientation.
The Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus (TGMC) fosters a safe place and provides an avenue for LGBTQ+ persons and their allies to develop and display their musical talents. We proudly affirm the value and worth of the LGBTQ+ community while also promoting acceptance, pride, and equal rights for all.
Voices singing • Declaring pride • Touching lives
- Based in Raleigh, North Carolina, part of the Triangle region which includes the cities of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill
- Rehearsals: Tuesdays 7:30 to 9:30 PM at Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, 1801 Hillsborough, St, Raleigh, NC 27605
- Performs a full range of types and styles of TTBB choral music, including classical, popular, a cappella, jazz, blues, gospel, and music from theatre and film.
- Our sound quality has been described as “full and beautifully balanced,” “a multi-goosebump experience,” and “one body of sound - crisp, clean, and perfectly lovely.”
- Performs 2 to 3 regular concerts per season with occasional pop-up appearances scheduled in between
- Performs at special events in the Triangle area and elsewhere. Request the Chorus or an ensemble to sing at your upcoming event.
- Non-profit status: 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law
Board of Directors
History and Community Outreach
The Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus was founded by a group of sixteen men on January 16, 1995. We presented our debut concert on June 3, 1995. Since then, TGMC has performed throughout the Triangle area, across North Carolina, the USA and in Canada. In addition to our regular concert cycle, TGMC has performed for the following groups and events:
- North Carolina Pride
- American Choral Director’s Association
- Alliance of AIDS Services - Carolina
- Gay and Lesbian Association of Choruses
Festivals- 2004 in Montreal, Que., Canada and 2008 in Miami, FL
- Human Rights Campaign
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Glaxo Smith Kline
- East Carolina University
- Carrboro, NC Centennial Celebration 2011
- Susan G. Komen- NC Triangle Race for the Cure 2011
- Various local churches and faith communities
In recent years, TGMC has donated a portion of the proceeds from selected concerts to these organizations: Alliance of AIDS Services- Carolina, Human Rights Campaign Foundation, Urban Ministries of Durham (NC), and the LGBT Center of Raleigh.
Questions? Please email us.
Discover ways you can support the Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus.
The Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus is a member of the Gay and Lesbian Association of Choruses (GALA). GALA Choruses provides support to more than 190 member choruses and 10,000 singers worldwide. Through TGMC’s affiliation with GALA Choruses, we receive support to grow both artistically and as an organization.
Community Links and Resources
AREA CHORAL AND ARTS RESOURCES
- Triangle Sings - The online resource for choral music information and activities in the Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill area.
- Classical Voice of North Carolina - An online arts journal for North Carolina.
- North Carolina Arts Council - An agency of the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources
OTHER LGBT-SUPPORTIVE CHORUSES IN NORTH CAROLINA
- Common Woman Chorus (Triangle Area)
- Triad Pride Men’s Chorus (Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem)
- Asheville Gay Men's Chorus (Asheville)
- Gay Men’s Chorus of Charlotte
- One Voice Chorus (Charlotte)
The Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus is a member of GALA Choruses, the Gay and Lesbian Association of Choruses. GALA Choruses is an international organization committed to serving the lesbian and gay choral movement with 160 member choruses and 8,000 singers. GALA is dedicated to providing support and helping member choruses to be strong--artistically and professionally. See a list of members of GALA Choruses throughout the world.
OTHER REGIONAL LGBT-SUPPORTIVE GROUPS