The Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus is seeking a dedicated, dynamic and knowledgeable Artistic Director to conduct as well as accompany the chorus via piano when needed for our Spring 2022 concert term. We are looking for someone with impressive technical skill, excellent music reading ability and a good amount of experience providing piano accompaniment. This position is collaborative in nature, so the ideal candidate should be able to work well with singers (both professional and amateur), our resident accompanist and other instrumentalists as needed to achieve a high-quality musical product.
Duties of the Artistic Director include (but are not limited to):
- Attending regular TGMC rehearsals in Raleigh, N.C. on Tuesday evenings, 7:30 to 9:45 PM
- Attending technical/dress rehearsals, concerts and performances
- Conducting the chorus during rehearsals and performances
- Playing choral parts and accompaniment during rehearsals
- Helping to select and maintain a repertoire from which programs can be assembled
- Providing constructive feedback and instruction on proper vocal and performance technique
- Accompanying sectional rehearsals when available
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and/or resume to [email protected].