The Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus is seeking a dedicated, dynamic and knowledgeable Artistic Director to conduct as well as accompany the chorus via piano when needed for our Spring 2022 concert term. We are looking for someone with impressive technical skill, excellent music reading ability and a good amount of experience providing piano accompaniment. This position is collaborative in nature, so the ideal candidate should be able to work well with singers (both professional and amateur), our resident accompanist and other instrumentalists as needed to achieve a high-quality musical product.
Duties of the Artistic Director include (but are not limited to):
- Attending regular TGMC rehearsals in Raleigh, N.C. on Tuesday evenings, 7:30 to 9:45 PM
- Attending technical/dress rehearsals, concerts and performances
- Conducting the chorus during rehearsals and performances
- Playing choral parts and accompaniment during rehearsals
- Helping to select and maintain a repertoire from which programs can be assembled
- Providing constructive feedback and instruction on proper vocal and performance technique
- Accompanying sectional rehearsals when available
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to David Conroy, the TGMC Board Chair at [email protected].
TGMC wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of individuals and businesses like you. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we depend on donations as well as concert ticket proceeds to continue bringing our message of hope and inclusion to the Triangle and beyond.
With ticketed chorus events now being cancelled or postponed for safety reasons, we find ourselves relying more than ever on charitable gifts. To help keep our music and mission alive, tap the Donate button. You can also support us with your Amazon purchases by visiting amazon.smile.com.